I’m a firm believer that in life you should never stop learning. This is particularly applicable to the digital world that seems to be in a state of constant flux, with regular revisions to algorithms underpinning search engines and social media feeds, and rapidly changing consumer and business behaviour.
However, I currently have skills and experience in content management and marketing, social media, copywriting, search engine optimisation, PR and media relations, and strategic communications. I hope to deepen my knowledge of these areas, as well as expose myself to new experiences and broaden my skill set.
Broadly speaking, I try to write in plain English and avoid unnecessary jargon. I hope to demonstrate some of my content creation and writing skills through my blog, though a more complete portfolio of copy that I have produced can be viewed on my Wakelet profile.
In July 2018, I graduated from the University of Manchester with a First Class BA (Hons) degree in Geography. Less than a week after graduating, I started working in content marketing. I enjoy working hard, never want to stand still and am incredibly motivated to build a fruitful career.
Whilst at University, I had various positions of responsibilities and roles including:
- Head News Editor of The Mancunion, the University of Manchester’s student newspaper
- Freelance writer and content creator for various print and online publications, including graduate recruitment app, Debut, and national newspaper, The New European
- Communications Intern (paid, eight-week internship), Zero Waste Europe
- Trainee Reporter (three weeks work experience), Johnston Press Yorkshire
- Editor-in-Chief of TalkPolitics
- Sub-Editor, Filibuster
- Sales Consultant, Next
For a more complete overview of my experience and positions of responsibilities I have had, check out my LinkedIn profile – and by all means feel free to send me a connection request!